• Advertisement

Went looking Friday

Arrowheads, pieces of eight, mini balls, reclics, & other stuff...

Went looking Friday

Postby RUGER » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:05 am

I went and hit one of my creeks Friday afternoon.
Figured it would be a good time since all the heavy rains / flooding has recently passed and water has gone down.
I haven't walked this creek in 10 years probably and it used to produce very well.
Best day my buddy and I ever had was 12 points in one day from about a mile long stretch.

I walked maybe a half mile one direction then jumped out and went back to the truck via the road.

Lots of brush to climb over and enough sand to cover Panama City. :shock:

Didn't find any arrowheads and didn't even see anything that made me do a double take. :bore:

Very disappointed as I didn't see any fresh tracks so I know I was the first to hit it after all the big rains.
One thing for sure, I am way bad out of shape and OLD. :(
Oh well, it was a beautiful afternoon anyway.
Pffft forget that, I'm going fishin'
RUGER
Non-Typical

Advertisement

Re: Went looking Friday

Postby Tennrock » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:32 am

Same thing for me Saturday, other than a pocket full of broken pieces. Seems silt and leaves cover the best spots.
Tennrock
4 Point

Postby cbhunter » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:54 am

Definitely lots of sand in all the creeks right now. Learned that the hard way riding 4 wheelers at Natchez Trace a couple weeks ago. We done a LOT of winching that day.
Back to the subject at hand, I think its been about 6 years since I picked up a point. need to get out more. lol
cbhunter
12 Point

Postby dg7080 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:33 pm

I would have thought it would have been a good time to look on one of those washed out creeks...

I am waiting on my neighbor to bust up his dove field.. it wont be long till he does and it's always got something laying on top..
dg7080
10 Point

Postby tree_ghost » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:41 am

Where I grew up in Ga our land was a sacred place for the Etowah Indian nation. I used to love finding points and knifes. We found a axe head onetime and lots of broken pottery. It has been years since I kicked up a creek bed hunting points but would love to do it. I’m not versed in the Indian tribes of middle Tennessee or their geographical locations. Anyone got some information on maps of the Indian nations here? Might give me an idea of where to go looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. And make me savory food, such as I love, and bring it to me that I may eat, that my soul may bless you before I die.” Gen 27:3
tree_ghost
10 Point

Postby Rockhound » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:23 pm

tree_ghost wrote:Where I grew up in Ga our land was a sacred place for the Etowah Indian nation. I used to love finding points and knifes. We found a axe head onetime and lots of broken pottery. It has been years since I kicked up a creek bed hunting points but would love to do it. I’m not versed in the Indian tribes of middle Tennessee or their geographical locations. Anyone got some information on maps of the Indian nations here? Might give me an idea of where to go looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anywhere there is natural water with a high spot beside it will produce points, native Americans were here 10,000 years before tribes were around
Rockhound
10 Point

Return to Artifacts & Relics