• Advertisement

Darwin Missed a Chance at Cades Cove Saturday

Pretty much anything you want to talk about!

Darwin Missed a Chance at Cades Cove Saturday

Postby Bambi Buster » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:59 pm

"WATCH: A Cades Cove visitor confronted a momma bear and her cubs, so she charged. "I thought we were gonna sit there and watch him get mauled." An unidentified man got dangerously close to a family of bears in Cades Cove on Saturday....."

https://www.wbir.com/article/life/anima ... 9be9984c83
"The American military is like a finely crafted sword. To be effective, it must be wielded by a discerning, skilled and merciless hand."
Bambi Buster
16 Point

Advertisement

Re: Darwin Missed a Chance at Cades Cove Saturday

Postby ZachMarkus » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:24 am

Can’t fix stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ZachMarkus
10 Point

Postby BlackBelt » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:42 am

The man did not learn anything.

If given the chance he will do the same thing again.

He will earn what will happen to him. The bear will not deserve what will happen to her afterwards.
BlackBelt
12 Point

Postby Matador » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:56 am

I have seen a bunch of people act stupid with bears in the cove. I watched several people taking pictures of 2 cub bear that mama bear left up in a tree. They were circuling the base of the tree. Fortunately one of the park rangers showed up before the mama bear returned. Stupid is right.
Matador
14 Point

Postby MUP » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:01 am

And remember, these idiots vote. :|
Image "Amateurs" built the Ark.

"Professionals" built the Titanic.
MUP
Non-Typical

Postby hunter0925 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:31 am

MUP wrote:And remember, these idiots vote. :|

More than that, they procreate!
hunter0925
10 Point

Postby Sako » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:50 am

Ugh... and if the bear would have done what bears do naturally in defending their cubs and got the guy, the bear would have been put down all thanks to this idiot... sad
Sako
10 Point

Postby megalomaniac » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:14 am

I probably saw the same bear in cades cove the first week of June. I would imagine triplet bear cubs aren't that common (but I have no idea). This momma kept her cubs back 25 yds away, but she fed all around us (a crowd of 100 people or so). I kept my kids back, but didnt feel unsafe as she was quite calm. I would not have let her get close if her Cubs were by her sideImageImage

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
megalomaniac
14 Point

Postby 1bow4me » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:40 am

I was there one year and snuck out to a tree taking pics of a momma and triplets about 200 yards away with a zoom lens 35mm camera. I was literally alone when I snuck 100 yards out to the tree but when I turned to back out there was prolly 40-50 people walking out thru the field. 1 guy and his 6 yr old daughter were running down a tree line ahead of them in the line they were walking. I hollered at him and a ranger hollered, we caught them before the goober got himself and worse, his daughter in serious trouble. The worst part is that about a 10 yards or so on around the corner, the rangers had a rouge male treed that they were gonna have to kill because he had already killed a few cubs in the area. This could have turned into a disaster very quickly. The funny part is, that momma bear didn't even know I was there until the hoards showed up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
1bow4me
8 Point

Postby Crow Terminator » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:39 pm

Don't people like that just make you want to curb stomp them? It seems you can't go anywhere these days without being surrounded by idiots.

Sometimes I wish "the purge" was a real thing LOL
Crow Terminator
16 Point

Postby reloadxx » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:50 pm

Just wow you cant fix stupid

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
reloadxx
8 Point

Postby Setterman » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:38 pm

It’s long past time to shut down the loop. It brings out the worst in people, is a disaster of traffic. My opinion, you want to experience nature? Park your car and go for a walk. I loathe everything about the atrocity that is that portion of the gsmnp
Setterman
10 Point

Postby Urban_Hunter » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:35 pm

Setterman wrote:It’s long past time to shut down the loop. It brings out the worst in people, is a disaster of traffic. My opinion, you want to experience nature? Park your car and go for a walk. I loathe everything about the atrocity that is that portion of the gsmnp

I don’t know about all that... I love the cove, we just go early on the morning when we go to avoid the bozos
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure
Urban_Hunter
10 Point

Postby Crappie Luck » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:04 am

Too many people think if you pave a road and/or put in a parking lot, it's no longer a wild area. These same people think Cummins falls is safe and predictable because it's a state park.
Folks, this is nature. It's to be respected.

This man thought he was being brave and folks would swoon at his courage. He's lucky that black bears are not prone to attack and usually only charge. He was risking the bears life more than his own. How brave of him.....

Idiots are everywhere. He should have stayed inside Gatliburg city limits and just did the wine trail and rode the sky lift.
“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”- – John Adams
Crappie Luck
Non-Typical

Postby Big Ben » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:05 pm

My own sister removed me from a facebook group she started about the lake we live on because someone seen a bear nearby and she posted up she couldn't wait until it found a mate and they had cubs where she could go take pictures of them. I told her she don't want to mess with a sow and her cubs the outcome might not be what she expects. And told her to be careful what she wish for. She is dumb enough to try what she said IMO. Educated to the max and was high up in a local county school system until she retired. She spent most of her adult life living in a city yet when she moved to the lake area became mother nature on everything outdoors overnight.
Big Ben
12 Point

Postby dralarms » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:12 pm

They had the video on fox and friends this morning. He’s a real dumba$$
dralarms
10 Point

Postby brass magnet » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:41 pm

Saw it on WSM4 out of Nashville earlier, they said they couldn't ID him. In the film his face was pixelated[sp] , my phone cam won't do that, that I know of. Doesn't sound like they want to.
half of one six dozen of the other
brass magnet
8 Point

Return to TnDeer General Forum