• Advertisement

Polaris Dealer Recommendation

Pretty much anything you want to talk about!

Re: Polaris Dealer Recommendation

Postby RUGER » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:40 pm

Been right at 5 years. Wow time flies!
Buddy just got a four wheeler back after about 3 months that had about $600.00 of unnecessary work done to it though.
Don’t think much has changed.

Hate to come off as bashing but I do call it like I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pffft forget that, I'm going fishin'
RUGER
Non-Typical

Advertisement

Postby Andy S. » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:50 pm

Thanks for the heads up as I have never had service work done there. I like to call as I see it as well, thanks for sharing.
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.
Andy S.
16 Point

Postby TN Larry » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:01 am

Well, it looks like a road trip is in my plans on Wednesday. $2k is a pretty big chunk of change to save. I hate driving that far but think I will be glad I did.
I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast, I then most humbly pray: When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep that in His mercy I be judged big enough to keep.
TN Larry
12 Point

Postby RUGER » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:28 am

TN Larry wrote:Well, it looks like a road trip is in my plans on Wednesday. $2k is a pretty big chunk of change to save. I hate driving that far but think I will be glad I did.

So your going to Abernathy's?
RUGER
Non-Typical

Postby TN Larry » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:30 pm

RUGER wrote:
TN Larry wrote:Well, it looks like a road trip is in my plans on Wednesday. $2k is a pretty big chunk of change to save. I hate driving that far but think I will be glad I did.

No, I am traveling to buy a used one 5 hours away with 24 hours and 74 miles on it. I wasn't planning on buying a used one, but it's $2k cheaper than a new one and in new condition. Abernathy's was the cheapest place I found, but barely beat Pro X in Chattanooga. I would go to Pro X (2 hrs away vs. 5 hrs for Abernathy's) if buying new, but $2k is a lot to save for a used one in new condition.
I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast, I then most humbly pray: When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep that in His mercy I be judged big enough to keep.
TN Larry
12 Point

Postby RUGER » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:51 am

TN Larry wrote:
RUGER wrote:

No, I am traveling to buy a used one 5 hours away with 24 hours and 74 miles on it. I wasn't planning on buying a used one, but it's $2k cheaper than a new one and in new condition. Abernathy's was the cheapest place I found, but barely beat Pro X in Chattanooga. I would go to Pro X (2 hrs away vs. 5 hrs for Abernathy's) if buying new, but $2k is a lot to save for a used one in new condition.

Oh ok got ya.
I was gonna try to meet up so you could buy my lunch or something. :super:
Sounds like a good find for sure man, congrats.
RUGER
Non-Typical

Postby duckduck84 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:23 pm

RUGER wrote:Been right at 5 years. Wow time flies!
Buddy just got a four wheeler back after about 3 months that had about $600.00 of unnecessary work done to it though.
Don’t think much has changed.

Hate to come off as bashing but I do call it like I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Abernathy's for price, but I have to agree on the service department. Let me tell ya a quick story.

Wife and I decided to buy a 2019 Polaris Slingshot for a fun vehicle. Buy it on Saturday, get it home, and headlights quit working. Quick Google search says it's probably the relays or the breakers. Slingshots don't use regular fuses for the headlights.
I test the relays, all good. Sometimes lights work, sometimes they don't. Only one 30A breaker and can't get them from anyone other than Polaris. I drive back to Abernathy's on Tuesday, hour and a half drive from my place. I tell service manager my suspicions. Tech looks at it for a bit, comes out, tells me it's something in the bright switch/cruise control module so he's gonna swap that out. Give him an hour.

Hour and a half goes by and the service manager comes and gets me. Tech can't figure it out. He's swapped the module, swapped the headlights, no luck. I ask "Did you swap out the breaker?" He replies "These don't use breakers." I pop the hood, open the fuse box, show him the breaker and the diagram. He looks like I drove a truck through his living room and kidnapped his wife. He goes and gets another breaker from a Slingshot on the floor. Boom the lights work. I am thanked for not losing my mind on them, tech apologizes profusely. I decide at that point I will do my own maintenance.
Aim small, miss small.
duckduck84
8 Point

Postby PalsPal » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:42 pm

duckduck84 wrote: He looks like I drove a truck through his living room and kidnapped his wife.

Nice :D !
PalsPal
12 Point

Postby Andy S. » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:19 pm

^^^ Sounds like a parts changer, not a mechanic. Just about anyone can blindly change parts until the issue is resolved, it’s just not very practical in most situations.
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.
Andy S.
16 Point

Postby RUGER » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:40 am

Andy S. wrote:^^^ Sounds like a parts changer, not a mechanic. Just about anyone can blindly change parts until the issue is resolved, it’s just not very practical in most situations.

That's what they did to my buddy's four wheeler a couple weeks ago.
Wouldn't run for crap so he took it in.
Changed the fuel injectors, to the tune of $600
Changed a wiring harness, can't remember how much that was.
Then they did something else, some kind of switch.
Then they changed the spark plug wires and it started working fine.
Charged him for everything they did.
Crock of crap if you ask me, they just did stuff till they found something that worked.
RUGER
Non-Typical

Postby TN Larry » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:13 pm

Three of us left out at 6 AM this morning and drove within rock throwing distance of West Virginia to pick this up. We got back home around 6 PM. It now has 85 miles on it after we put on 10 this afternoon. It did have an episode of missing and dieing this evening but stopped after I strung it out. I think it sucked some trash in the fuel system from sitting. It will get some sea foam tommorow afternoon.

Maybe if we travel again, it will be west and Ruger can buy us lunch. :rotf:

IMG_20190717_180525742.jpg
IMG_20190717_180525742.jpg (41.58 KiB) Viewed 60 times
TN Larry
12 Point

Previous

Return to TnDeer General Forum