• Advertisement

July Cruise Locked Down

Pretty much anything you want to talk about!

July Cruise Locked Down

Postby Nimrod777 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:06 pm

It's done. I hit Kroger during their 4X Fuel Points on Gift Card sales. I purchased 6 Carnival gift cards and put them on our credit card, which is offering 5% back this quarter on Grocery Store purchases. I pillaged our credit card "cash back" account, which I have been accruing for 3 years, and applied more than 2K to the balance.

I found the best airline deal a few months back, but have consistently dragged my feet about buying in. This week I stumbled onto another airline I hadn't even known existed, and by booking with them cut our travel costs by about a third!

I have wrung all I can out of the deal, have $250 in gas discounts ready to use, and, most importantly, WE ARE LOCKED IN FOR OUR ANNIVERSARY CRUISE NEXT JULY! :D
:super:
You can always take a shot, but you can never take it back. Be careful how you hunt... more careful how you live.
Nimrod777
Non-Typical

Advertisement

Re: July Cruise Locked Down

Postby BamaProud » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:15 pm

Where are yall headed? we have one booked for November. Key West and The Bahamas.
Save the Little ones for the Little Ones.
Wine-Down Brewing and Winemaking
BamaProud
16 Point

Postby ImThere » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:22 pm

Awesome

We leave next Thursday.
My daughter is getting married when we dock on Grand Turk.
It’s going to be a long 5 days with BRIDEZILLA!!!! OMG she’s out of control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule # 10 Never be more than 5 shots away from a reload, cover or a long gun
ImThere
12 Point

Postby TDW05 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:47 pm

Awesome! Me and the wife are headed to the Caribbean and some other places in august.
TDW05
6 Point

Postby Nimrod777 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:48 pm

BamaProud wrote:Where are yall headed? we have one booked for November. Key West and The Bahamas.

We will be running amok in Alaska. A definite Bucket List event for us. Stretching the budget thin. I could fish on a charter boat, but it would be so costly to ship the fish back, and it would be rough to fish without keeping any.

ImThere, what you're doing isn't really a cruise. It's an ordeal.
You can always take a shot, but you can never take it back. Be careful how you hunt... more careful how you live.
Nimrod777
Non-Typical

Postby BamaProud » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:57 pm

An Alaskan Cruise is on my Bucket list too. Maybe you can give me some tips after your trip. Have fun!
BamaProud
16 Point

July Cruise Locked Down

Postby ImThere » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:06 am

Nimrod777 wrote:
BamaProud wrote:Where are yall headed? we have one booked for November. Key West and The Bahamas.

We will be running amok in Alaska. A definite Bucket List event for us. Stretching the budget thin. I could fish on a charter boat, but it would be so costly to ship the fish back, and it would be rough to fish without keeping any.

Oh don’t let my daughter know she will want to control the “ordeal” also. Right now she’s just controlling a cruise. I mean every aspect of a 5 day cruise. I think my bed time is 10:14pm to 7:01am. But that may only be in Tuesday. I don’t remember I have to get my schedule from her! I think she tells me when to laugh and talk also!
I literally think it should be called a “play” not a cruise at this point. Or maybe it’s a movie. I will let you know if I get a script!

Have fun on your cruise. I be jealous!

ImThere
12 Point

Postby Mag » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:50 am

Congrats! My Wife and I are headed to the Bahamas tomorrow! Cheaper than a trip to FL.
Mag
8 Point

Postby ImThere » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:42 pm

Mag wrote:Congrats! My Wife and I are headed to the Bahamas tomorrow! Cheaper than a trip to FL.
have fun

ImThere
12 Point

Postby fairchaser » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:54 pm

Nimrod777 wrote:

The wife and I are cruising in Alaska end of July on Celebrity. This is our second trip and will be well worth it. I might still go fishing even though you can’t keep the fish. Be well worth catching a big steelhead or halibut. When will I ever get to again?
fairchaser
10 Point

Postby Nimrod777 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:00 pm

fairchaser wrote:
Nimrod777 wrote:

The wife and I are cruising in Alaska end of July on Celebrity. This is our second trip and will be well worth it. I might still go fishing even though you can’t keep the fish. Be well worth catching a big steelhead or halibut. When will I ever get to again?

I've given some thought to that as well, but I still don't think I can justify the cost. Would be $200 on top of everything else, and to be honest, I hope to go up there someday, somehow, specifically for fishing.
Nimrod777
Non-Typical

Postby BamaProud » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:17 am

For the price of cleaning packaging and shipping fish home, you could probably just buy fresh halibut or steelhead online. It wouldn't be "your fish" but probably still a lot better than what they sell at Kroger.
Looks like wild caught Halibut is about 30-33 dollars a pound shipped overnight from Alaska.

https://www.great-alaska-seafood.com/fr ... alibut.htm
BamaProud
16 Point

Postby Nimrod777 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:56 am

Dang right, Bama! Folks gotta understand that for us doing this trip, we've been saving for more than 3 years. Also, our approach to these trips are that we go to get away from everything and relax, eat the already-paid-for food, watch ridiculous people, and be together. So shore excursions, regardless of how amazing and fun and lovely, aren't often in our budget. I suspect we'll both be staring out off the balcony (our concession to luxury) most of the trip, soaking it in. I did buy two pair of halfway decent binocs to keep handy for that.
Nimrod777
Non-Typical

Return to TnDeer General Forum