• Advertisement

Definitely something you don't see in downtown Nashville eve

Pretty much anything you want to talk about!

Definitely something you don't see in downtown Nashville eve

Postby mossyoakmantn » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:11 pm

I was doing some traffic control down on lower Broadway between 3rd and 4th ave when I noticed a bunch of bees had made a nest at the top corner of a business. The bees were just doing what they do when all of a sudden at around 1100 they started to swarm. They were everywhere and most people were oblivious until they started bouncing off of them. That's when people started running for their lives lol. This went on for about 15 minutes and cleared right up. The bees are still in the corner and I don't know what it was all about lol. And beekeepers on here might be able to get a free hive before they spray them or something lol. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
mossyoakmantn
8 Point

Advertisement

Re: Definitely something you don't see in downtown Nashville

Postby TNCharlie » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:48 pm

My amateur guess is that things got crowded in the hive so a bunch of the bees decided to move out (swarm). The ones you see now stayed home while the others have gone to establish a new hive.

I would think that those bees have been there for a while if they have become overcrowded.

No, I'm not interested in trying to recover bees from the corner of a tall building. :-)
TNCharlie
8 Point

Postby Crappie Luck » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:07 pm

There used to be a guy on here called "Beekeeper". I haven't seen him post in years. Hope he is doing well.
When people don’t know what they’re talking about,they tell you what year it is
Crappie Luck
Non-Typical

Postby mike243 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:24 am

Crappie Luck wrote:There used to be a guy on here called "Beekeeper". I haven't seen him post in years. Hope he is doing well.

I think he was from down this way maybe Blount county,moved a swarm from a cedar tree to a new hive 1 time,no stings but was a scary ordeal with out any protective head net or cloths ,never would attempt that these days
I'm Just a Spike/button Hunter, I will shoot a Trophy if 1 comes by but will settle for what the Lord provides/trophy's are in the eyes of the hunter not their neighbors
mike243
16 Point

Postby woodyard » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:23 am

You would be surprised at the number of colonies of honeybees living in buildings in cities and towns. Most people are un aware they are there till they swarm.

. About the only way you will get stung with a swarm is if you mash one. They have nothing to protect.
woodyard
8 Point

Postby Matador » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:55 am

Crappie Luck wrote:There used to be a guy on here called "Beekeeper". I haven't seen him post in years. Hope he is doing well.

Beekeeper is doing well. He just stays busy. I see or talk to him every 3-4 weeks. You can still PM him.
Matador
12 Point

Postby Cardinalskyhawk » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:07 am

Like the colony that takes over the columns at the Methodist church in Woodyard's home town? Did you move those one time?
Cardinalskyhawk
Spike

Postby Crappie Luck » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:57 am

Matador wrote:

Beekeeper is doing well. He just stays busy. I see or talk to him every 3-4 weeks. You can still PM him.

Thank you! Glad to hear it.
When people don’t know what they’re talking about,they tell you what year it is
Crappie Luck
Non-Typical

Postby MUP » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:59 am

There was a semi truck that overturned somewhere last week that was hauling honeybees. If it was in the area, could be the escapees maybe?

Nope, that was apparently in Washington.
Image "Amateurs" built the Ark.

"Professionals" built the Titanic.
MUP
Non-Typical

Postby mossyoakmantn » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:18 pm

MUP wrote:There was a semi truck that overturned somewhere last week that was hauling honeybees. If it was in the area, could be the escapees maybe?

Nope, that was apparently in Washington.

That would be a nightmare to clean up goodness.
mossyoakmantn
8 Point

Postby mossyoakmantn » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:56 am

Lmao I'm back out here again and they started swarming again lol. This time one of those party bikes where you pedal and they serve you beer got stuck in traffic right in front of the building ha ha ha those fools were swatting and going crazy. I wish I woulda got it on video.
mossyoakmantn
8 Point

Return to TnDeer General Forum