• Advertisement

Young Hunter Killed in Bizarre Accident

Pretty much anything you want to talk about!

Re: Young Hunter Killed in Bizarre Accident

Postby Bambi Buster » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:44 pm

Nimrod777 wrote:Before you jump to nefarious conclusions:

1) A teen boy can and often will sleep through loud music all night long.
2) A teen hunter will often "hunt" wearing earbuds playing loud music all day long.
3) A teen hunter almost certainly did not get enough sleep the preceding week, much less the night before, and was dragged out of bed hours before normal.
4) A teen hunting in croplands may have been hearing harvesters, corn choppers, and all manner of heavy equipment operating nearby all day long.

It's one of the most horrible accidents imaginable, likely exacerbated by everyone's penchant for feeling like blame needs to be placed somewhere.

^^^^^This^^^^^
:cry:
"The American military is like a finely crafted sword. To be effective, it must be wielded by a discerning, skilled and merciless hand."
Bambi Buster
16 Point

Advertisement

Postby Tenntrapper » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:32 am

I was thinking that if this corn chopper started from far away and slowly got louder as it got closer, maybe sleeping through it isn't so hard to believe. Now if it started up right beside him, I would think it would have startled him awake.
Tenntrapper
8 Point

Postby Hunter 257W » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:43 am

I know when they are harvesting my land and the neighboring farm, there are always combines, trucks, etc. running all over the fields so it would be very easy to not realize how close one in particular was. Also when you hear so many at one time, it simply becomes background noise that you filter out. I can see how it would happen and feel terrible for everybody involved who you know are feeling responsible for what happened. Having lost close family members in freak accidents, I know how you play the "What If" scenarios out in your mind over and over thinking how just a simple change in the events leading up to the tragedy could/might have avoided it ever happening.
Hunter 257W
14 Point

Postby Snake » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:47 pm

TNGunsmoke wrote:
Omega wrote:Ever hear one of those things? Find it odd that, one, he was alone, and two, that he didn't hear it coming. But yes, a very sad day indeed.

This was my thought. I do know some people sleep soundly and wouldn't hear anything, but since this was a special needs hunt, someone should have been with them.

I believe they could run over my grandson he can sleep plumb through an alarm . Prayers sent for the family and loved ones , very sad situation .
Snake
Non-Typical

Postby Deer Whisperer » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:39 pm

I pray for everyone involved.

I feel like logic should have kicked in at least a little bit for the hunter. I mean, even as a kid, if I were hunting in a field and heard equipment start up and run in the field, I would have left the field and went into the woods or went home. I'm sure there is more to this story.
Deer Whisperer
12 Point

Postby FTG-05 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:49 pm

Deer Whisperer wrote:I pray for everyone involved.

I feel like logic should have kicked in at least a little bit for the hunter. I mean, even as a kid, if I were hunting in a field and heard equipment start up and run in the field, I would have left the field and went into the woods or went home. I'm sure there is more to this story.

Probably why they're doing an autopsy.

Prayers to the family. :(
FTG-05
8 Point

Previous

Return to TnDeer General Forum