• Advertisement

Covid-19 hoax?

This forum is for political discussions. Please keep all discussions civil.

Covid-19 hoax?

Postby Jon54 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:03 pm

Shelby County reported nearly 600 new cases since yesterday. Do you still think this is a hoax? I don’t and people should be required to wear masks in public.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions
Jon54
10 Point

Advertisement

Re: Covid-19 hoax?

Postby gasman » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:12 pm

Jon54 wrote:Shelby County reported nearly 600 new cases since yesterday. Do you still think this is a hoax? I don’t and people should be required to wear masks in public.

I do believe it's a hoax and if you want to wear one then go right ahead. I believe I will pass on it though. I mean, who is going to police the policy of making you wear one?
RUGGED AND COMMITTED
HUNT HARD! PRAY HARDER!
John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"
gasman
10 Point

Postby Jcalder » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:12 pm

Hoax? No. Never thought that to begin with. Blown wayboutta proportion? For sure. Common sense goes a long ways with any sickness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jcalder
10 Point

Postby Crappie Luck » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:14 pm

The virus is not a hoax. But it's use as a political weapon is not a joke either.

One way or another, everyone is going to eventually be exposed to it. Yes, cases will rise. There is NOTHING that can be done about that. They even said back in March that cases will rise as we re-open. We "Flattened the curve" that was the goal. The goal was NEVER for folks to not get it. It was to keep everyone from getting it at once.

YOu can't Recall a virus like bad hamburger. It's out there and will always be out there. Herd immunity is the only hope.

The rise is cases is actually good news. It means we'll be over this sooner.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis
Crappie Luck
Non-Typical

Postby SEC » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:23 pm

The virus will go away in November.............................
SEC
6 Point

Postby cbhunter » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:25 pm

Jcalder wrote:Hoax? No. Never thought that to begin with. Blown wayboutta proportion? For sure. Common sense goes a long ways with any sickness

Exactly
cbhunter
16 Point

Postby catman529 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:41 pm

Anyone who thinks it’s a hoax is ignorant. In my opinion it is being blown out of proportion but it is still 100% real. I don’t think it’s nearly as bad as people say. I’ve never worried about the flu even though it puts so many people in the hospital as well. But that is just my 2 cents, for what it’s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
catman529
Non-Typical

Postby catman529 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:42 pm

SEC wrote:The virus will go away in November.............................
just in time for me to catch buck fever and be quarantined to the woods loo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
catman529
Non-Typical

Postby Pic IN the Casa » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:44 pm

I heard on the radio that one day last week there were 28,000 tests given IN ONE DAY!

No wonder we had an increase in cases.
When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination. Thomas Sowell
Pic IN the Casa
16 Point

Postby prstide » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:01 pm

Everyone will eventually get it so you may as well just live your life. It’d be a shame to miss out on time, that you can’t get back, due to media induced panic/fear over something very similar to the flu. THE SAME PEOPLE AT THE HIGHEST RISK FOR COMPLICATIONS FROM COVID19 ARE THE EXACT SAME PEOPLE AT HIGH RISK FOR COMPLICATIONS WITH EVERY OTHER VIRUS THAT’S IN EXISTENCE. It’s really pretty simple—except that the media doesn’t report on those nonstop 24/7.
I really wish they would track the flu this year the way they’ve done COVID19 to see if people react the same way or because there’s a vaccine, that’s about 10% effective annually, that they can take it would quell fears.
prstide
8 Point

Postby fishboy1 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:06 pm

The problem is that they are counting people with antibodies from previous infection as "New cases" and using it as a political weapon.
Had covid in December and recovered? If you get tested today and come back positive for antibodies you are a "New case" and part of the Surge !

Bet you $0.35 that "surge" was focus tested to be frightening to the most people.
fishboy1
16 Point

Postby Lost Lake » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:25 pm

fishboy1 wrote:The problem is that they are counting people with antibodies from previous infection as "New cases" and using it as a political weapon.
Had covid in December and recovered? If you get tested today and come back positive for antibodies you are a "New case" and part of the Surge !

Bet you $0.35 that "surge" was focus tested to be frightening to the most people.

This is what I heard today, and if it’s true, that’s one of the most deceitful things I’ve heard of in a long time. Hyping infection rate numbers tells me something crooked has been going on.

I know some folks who have had it, and I dang sure don’t want it. The virus is not a hoax, but it’s been weaponized.

Just curious, but does anyone know how many flu deaths there have been since Feb/March? Strange we don’t hear those numbers.
Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away and they won't have shoes. - Jack Handey
Lost Lake
8 Point

Postby gasman » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:31 pm

Lost Lake wrote:
fishboy1 wrote:The problem is that they are counting people with antibodies from previous infection as "New cases" and using it as a political weapon.

This is what I heard today, and if it’s true, that’s one of the most deceitful things I’ve heard of in a long time. Hyping infection rate numbers tells me something crooked has been going on.

I know some folks who have had it, and I dang sure don’t want it. The virus is not a hoax, but it’s been weaponized.

Just curious, but does anyone know how many flu deaths there have been since Feb/March? Strange we don’t hear those numbers.

"Just curious, but does anyone know how many flu deaths there have been since Feb/March? Strange we don’t hear those numbers."

Probably 0, zero, zilch... because every death is being blamed on covid 19
RUGGED AND COMMITTED
HUNT HARD! PRAY HARDER!
John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!"
gasman
10 Point

Postby 7mm08 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:38 pm

Pic IN the Casa wrote:I heard on the radio that one day last week there were 28,000 tests given IN ONE DAY!

No wonder we had an increase in cases.

Now wait! Don’t go talking math like numerator / denominator .
"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians" - George Mason(Father of the Bill of Rights)
7mm08
14 Point

Postby double browtine » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:57 pm

I think it is just about like the regular flu. It just hit at a later time. I mean, they name the common flu something different every year. How much money is made off of the regular flu vaccine every year? Every year the strain changes! More vaccines! More money for Big Pharma!
double browtine
12 Point

Postby poorhunter » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:05 pm

Even Fauci knows and says masks don’t work and neither will a vaccine. I’m not sure I think we should just rip the bandaid off and get everyone infected ASAP, but the virus will not be stopped short of God intervening. If the recent reports from CDC are to be believed that there are 12 times the number of cases than are currently counted that means we have over 1 billion infections worldwide and over 30 million in the US. That means yesterday alone there were over 500,000 new infections in the US...yesterday. Covid19 is a serious disease to compromised immune systems AND to some healthy people for no apparent reason, but the vast majority have minor sickness. As I understand it all crimes are way up. Suicides are way up. LOTS of people are dying that would be alive because they didn’t go to the doctor for fear or Covid19. Businesses are dropping like flies and the idiots we elected into office are a clueless bunch of money/power hungry vultures who couldn’t legislate their way out of a wet paper bag. The national debt will increase probably 10 TRILLION dollars this year alone. Riots in the streets. Whole cities are disbanding the police or defunding them. Joe Biden is leading in the polls and we want to roll over for Covid19? I was in favor of the lockdowns in March and half of April, but now I see it as nothing but a political game for both sides of the aisle.
I may be wrong but I’m way more worried about the “powers that be” than the virus.
poorhunter
10 Point

Postby JCDEERMAN » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:39 am

Totally agree, poorhunter.
JCDEERMAN
16 Point

Postby chris1976 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:39 am

Jon54 wrote:Shelby County reported nearly 600 new cases since yesterday. Do you still think this is a hoax? I don’t and people should be required to wear masks in public.
And just who should enforce these mask mandates?

chris1976
8 Point

Postby MUP » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:49 am

I see it the same way poorhunter, although I felt it was an overreaction from the get go. I still feel it's similar to a flu pandemic, although flu outbreaks, even tho they kills thousands of people each year, don't get near the attention as another strain of coronavirus. Yes, it's a serious disease, but the numbers being thrown out are misleading...misleading the people to think in terms of "cases diagnosed" other than actual "death rate" numbers. When millions are tested, the number of positive cases will automatically increase, but look at the death rate for actual seriousness and the need for such drastic actions as shutting down the ENTIRE COUNTRY, AND WORLD FOR THAT MATTER.
Image "Amateurs" built the Ark.

"Professionals" built the Titanic.
MUP
Non-Typical

Postby Pic IN the Casa » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:13 am

Two Mexicans (legal) at my work have/had it. They have been test 2x each. I betcha they were counted as 4 positives instead of 2.

I mentioned their nationality because they both live in SE Nashville which has the highest positive test AND the largest Hispanic population.
When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination. Thomas Sowell
Pic IN the Casa
16 Point

Next

Return to Political Discussion