BBall Vols!

PalsPal

Just finished watching the game.

Had you told me that we would have been that close late in the game, I would have been happy. BUT, we had chances to win that game. Missed free throws and TOs killed us.

Oh well, Barnes has them fighting. Still going to be tough to make the tourney, but if Bowden is truly out of his funk, that will be a big shot in the arm.

PillsburyDoughboy

I took the 12. 5 points and cleaned up . Only time I was pulling for the vols . Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreyB

cardia10":1r9ht98t said:
Think they had 2 suspended. Some positives for sure, but they have to take better care of the ball.

Makes sense now... :D ;)

PalsPal

PillsburyDoughboy":28c1rz0m said:
I took the 12. 5 points and cleaned up . Only time I was pulling for the vols . Lol

So, you bet on college basketball :shock: ?

What's even crazier than that is that you bet the Vols at -12.5. You wouldn't have found many TN fans that, who actually follow the team and know its weaknesses, would have taken that bet.

BTW, how did you do on the FL game ;) :D ?

TreyB

PalsPal":pu5o3gi1 said:
Just finished watching the game.

Had you told me that we would have been that close late in the game, I would have been happy. BUT, we had chances to win that game. Missed free throws and TOs killed us.

Oh well, Barnes has them fighting. Still going to be tough to make the tourney, but if Bowden is truly out of his funk, that will be a big shot in the arm.

Pretty sure Kansas had missed free throws and TOs that could have killed them. ;) :D

PillsburyDoughboy

PalsPal":2as9kb73 said:
PillsburyDoughboy":2as9kb73 said:

So, you bet on college basketball :shock: ?

What's even crazier than that is that you bet the Vols at -12.5. You wouldn't have found many TN fans that, who actually follow the team and know its weaknesses, would have taken that bet.

BTW, how did you do on the FL game ;) :D ?
I don't . I was with a guy that was betting a bunch of games and he seemed pretty confident that was a pretty solid game. I bet three games and out of the three he suggested I pushed one and won two.

The vols game looked good because I think the other team had two players suspended or out for some reason. Could not tell you. Just bet it based on good information.

Displaced_Vol

We are not a very good basketball team this year. These young guys are still learning but the one bright spot from yesterday's joke of a game was that at least Vescovi isn't scared. So many of these guys are pass first (not in a good way, but in more of an "I don't want the ball") and he is not afraid to try and make a play. Lots need to be refined about his game but somebody has got to take the shots & try to make a play. Same for Fulky. He is in no way a polished post player but he wants the ball & tries to score it when he gets it. I thought Pons was coming along in this same vein but he seems to be more timid again compared to earlier in the season.

Hopefully they continue to get better & can help out this class coming in next year. I think the only way we're dancing this season is with a SEC tournament win, which is far fetched but I suppose not impossible. Conference isn't full of world beaters this season but we are far from the top.

Displaced_Vol

That was big. It still wasn't pretty but to find enough to come back from down 15, at a place we have really struggled, is a good step for this team.
I'm not foolish enough to proclaim this a turn around or the start of some miraculous run, but if we are able to cobble together enough wins for post season play, this will be the hinge.

I am continually perplexed by Bowden. Kid can ball, plays hard at both ends of the floor, but he did not do what a senior leader should do with 1:00 left. The 2 possessions he had the ball in his hands ended up with Bama getting the ball after 0 points for us. A terrible pass and a half hearted drive without scoring or drawing contact... gotta be better in those clutch moments.

We had too many turnovers this game but thankfully Alabama had a lot more, and we actually rebounded. We're not near good enough to get beat in the hustle categories and still win a game. I'll take it though. Need some positives with the Kitty Cats coming to town this weekend!

Displaced_Vol

Tough one today. We went to the game which is in some ways better to get a feel for how things are going but in other ways it's not-

Anyway, in my mind it wasn't too shocking. Thought we had a chance but their talent won out. Our best stretch was obviously between the 16 & 8 minute time outs, if we could have kept that up we would have had a chance. The last stretch of the game we'd play good defense for the majority of the shot clock and then they'd drive to the basket or get fouled.
Our offense is just not existent and I don't know if anything is going to fix it except more talent.
Haven't looked up stat lines but feel like most people played pretty well, thought Fulkerson held his own against Richards.

Cats played well, credit to them.
we had a good crowd and I honestly expected more blue than I saw, but we were not into the game like the one I was at last year. Really needed to steal this one, every game the door shuts a little tighter on our chances of making the tourney.

PalsPal

Had chances.

KY shot a great free throw percentage and then when they finally miss one (up 4 or 5 at the time), they get the rebound and score.

We actually cut down on the turnovers and defense played pretty well, but still have trouble scoring.

If Bowden could just shake the funk. He shows up in spurts, but then misses an easy one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Displaced_Vol

PalsPal":yiq1bqzo said:
Had chances.

KY shot a great free throw percentage and then when they finally miss one (up 4 or 5 at the time), they get the rebound and score.

We actually cut down on the turnovers and defense played pretty well, but still have trouble scoring.

If Bowden could just shake the funk. He shows up in spurts, but then misses an easy one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Totally agree. UK shot 88% from the line.

Latest posts