Haven’t seen any

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
poults all summer so far. Usually see a few by now even though August is when I really start seeing them. Saw a group or six hens yesterday feeding in a mowed field with zero poults.

catman529

I haven't seen many hens at all which tells me they're keeping their poults pretty well hidden. I've seen a few hens here and there with no poults and a few gobblers. It's hot out and they like the shade this time of year. I have seen a few poults but not very often. Usually October is when I get a better idea of the hatch.

If all you've seen is those 6 hens, that's not a bad sign if you usually see a lot more. Give it time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tree_ghost

688a5862205e042a8ca41007060715c2.jpg

Spotted my first poults this morning in Rutherford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCDEERMAN

Haven't been to our place enough to know. 2 weeks of trailcam pics revealed no poults (about 4 hens). Will check again the weekend of 8/1. Agreed ph - August is when I start seeing them in our parts

Andy S.

I've seen trail cam pics of poults in SW TN that were taken this month. Some poults are itty bitty fur balls and some are 3/4 grown. It's always good to see poults.

th88

Have a saw a lot of turkey this summer along the MS/TN line, but very, very few poults. I keep track of my sightings and right now I'm at less than 0.5 pph for July. It'll increase come August, but i've saw more poultless hens than ever.

catman529

I just saw 3 or 4 hens with what looked like a dozen or so poults. Hard to count heads in the soybeans but I'll watch the video on the big screen later and see.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Been seeing the same 6 hens pretty much daily still no poults. Saw four gobblers yesterday afternoon. We've had a big decline 4 years ago but was getting better each year till this year. This (so far) is less than half of what I saw after the bottom fell out 4 years ago.

Buzzard Breath

Even though I never saw a turkey on the farm in Hickman County, during the season, I've been seeing a hen with 4 large poults everytime I'm out there here recently. These are getting large enough they're hard to distinguish from the adult.

hillbillyfab

I've seen several hens, with poults but no more than 3 poults with each. I'm thinking there's more hens with poults, we ain't seeing staying in the woods.

Attachments

• IMG_20200801_094516654.jpg
    IMG_20200801_094516654.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,102

megalomaniac

Looking forward to the velvet hunt to see what recruitment I got. I am a little nervous, as we chopped up 7 hens and 9 nests total on 60 acres during 1st hay season.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Hymie3

I have one hen around the house that had six. I only see five the last few days so i am assuming one was lost to the yotes... Also had some breeding in late June so i am anxious to see if some more show up soon.

Attachments

• poults.jpg
    poults.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,057
  • breeding.jpg
    breeding.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,053

tellico4x4

Best year we have had in 10 yrs for poults. Saw one hen the other day that had at least 12-15 half grown with her! Surely there was another hen that I didn't see, or something happened to her. Lots of pics of babies on various sections of property as well.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

ZachMarkus

Looking like a pretty decent hatch in Lawrence county. There were 3 hens with 13 half grown poults in my yard the one day this week. I'm hearing reports of others seeing several poults here lately.

Latest posts