NWTF Convention

TNReb

I don't think I'm going to fool with it. I only wanted to pick up a couple of mouth calls anyway. I don't have a lot of time Saturday. In previous years, they ran a special where you can join the NWTF and get a BassPro gift card. I haven't seen anything like that this year.

EDIT: I just went to renew my membership, and the Bass Pro gift card is still a gift. I may drive over there and take the boys Saturday afternoon.

PickettSFHunter

First year I won't be going in quite awhile. Just kind of tired of it, not being able to hear any calls due to the crowd and noise, way to much non turkey related junk, way to many gimmicks for googans, etc. Hate to miss some of the call makers, but heck I can't hear them anyway, even on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quailman

Just FYI, for any of you that might be attending this weekend. NRCS will once again have it's national booth on display in the exhibit hall. With over 1,000 square feet of exhibits, we'll have everything from wildlife management info to Farm Bill program opportunities. Also, all of our NRCS and TWRA biologists will be on hand to answer any questions you may have on wildlife management. I'll be attending the Conservation Conference on Thursday/Friday and will be at the booth for the rest of the weekend. Make sure to stop by and introduce yourself.

We'll also be giving away a few different food plot mixtures at the booth. It won't be enough to plant 20 acres, but it will give you something new to try on an acre or so.

woodsman04

PickettSFHunter":1t7myb5f said:
First year I won't be going in quite awhile. Just kind of tired of it, not being able to hear any calls due to the crowd and noise, way to much non turkey related junk, way to many gimmicks for googans, etc. Hate to miss some of the call makers, but heck I can't hear them anyway, even on Friday.

Me too. I actually have to work this year. I tell myself every year that I will not come back. It has to be greater than 50% non turkey hunting related. And what turkey is there the big booths just get in the way with their advertisements of decoys or shotgun shells.

They are trying to make money though, and getting duck dynasty or moonshiners or someone there draws lots of folks to spend more money. It's a huge hassle for the rest of us.

Roost 1

PickettSFHunter":2kcc9wqn said:

My thoughts exactly