Florida Turkey Hunt

cowhunter71

To those that were interested, it's looking like my cousins are going to invite some big wigs from Florida Sportsman Magazine to the camp for the first 3 days of season(Saturday, Sunday, and Monday), and then move on to guide clients elsewhere. I'm not going to be at the camp if this happens, at least not the first 3 days. I don't get along with big wig googans. Hoping to get drawn for either the first or second Fisheating Creek WMA hunt. Where I hunt first will depend on that draw. If I don't get first hunt I will be camping on the Bear Island Unit of The Big Cypress WMA for the first 3 days of season. I will be a good distance from where our camp is and will be primarily hunting around the main campground. I'll have friends there and usually get a spot in someone's camper. Campers and tents welcome, primitive camps though. No electric. I'll spend 12 days down there bouncing back and forth between camps. Anyone who would still be interested is more than welcome to come and camp with us. I'll do my best to put you on turkeys first ;) The application period for the Spring Turkey quota hunts is not until November. 3 phases that run right up until the days of the hunts. Again, that Fisheating Creek WMA is a quality hunt and worth the attempt to draw. Anyone still interested, feel free to pm me or give me a holler. 954 646 9394

cowhunter71

For those that pm'd and asked about JW Corbett WMA. From Big Cypress, I could show you backroads that would have you at the South Gate checkstation in less than 2 hours. Corbett area has some fine Osceola hunting but it is way more accessable(drivable road system) than the Cypress. ALOT more people and pressure. Biggest concentration of googans you will ever see, anywhere. Can only hunt it Wed, Sat, and Sun also. I killed a Gobbler in there 3 years ago. After the shot, I walked to the Gobbler and put my foot on his neck to stretch 'em out. By the time he was done flopping, I had 3 separate hunters standing around me that I had no idea were there. :shock: I will hunt it a few days every couple of years, but I try my best to just stay away :)

cowhunter71

We're going in with 3 points. We've got drawn 2 separate times. Had 3 points both times. Good chance of getting a permit during that 3rd phase also. Lots of returns right up until the day of the hunts. I've had a chance at those later hunts several times during that 3rd phase. Problem is, once we open here in Tn, I don't leave :) Dupuis and Dinner Island WMA's are also good quality hunts. ;)