• Advertisement

Making a tree stand more quiet.

TN Bowhunter Talk

Making a tree stand more quiet.

Postby Nsghunter » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:43 pm

I need help Making tree stands more quiet. I use an old man vision climber And a lonewolf Alpha. With the lone wolf climbing sticks. I’m looking for a way to make my climbing sticks quieter. I know that they sell stealth strips for my climbing sticks but they are $25 a set. I have read were people use black electrical tape for sound deadedening to prevent metal on metal contact and I have also heard of people using bicycle inner tube‘s. I was worried that the innertube’s might smell really bad and I just wasn’t sure if the electrical tape would be effective.

As for the shooting rail on my climber I was either going to use pipe insulation or maybe black electrical tape.

I’m also aware that you can fill the holes with that great foam product and I plan on doing that soon.

What are some solutions you guys have found that works well for reducing metal on metal noise and for general sound deadening

Like always I’m Trying the most cost effective methods first.
Nsghunter
6 Point

Advertisement

Re: Making a tree stand more quiet.

Postby Mr.Bro » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:58 pm

I use plain old duck tape on my shooting rails, Pipe wrap is a big mistake unless you cover it with something. Very loud when something rubs against it. Good luck.
" Fight organized crime. Reelect no one!"
Mr.Bro
10 Point

Postby tree_ghost » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:51 am

On my sticks I use this. It has held up well and provides a little more cusion than electrical tape.

https://express.google.com/product/Alle ... 12754068_0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. And make me savory food, such as I love, and bring it to me that I may eat, that my soul may bless you before I die.” Gen 27:3
tree_ghost
10 Point

Postby infoman jr. » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:31 am

I put camo gorilla tape on my sticks.
infoman jr.
14 Point

Postby whitetailz » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:47 pm

I put camo Gorilla on my sticks. My loc-ons, especially the ones I have to pack in, are pimped out. I’ll post a photo or two this weekend with some descriptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whitetailz
4 Point

Return to TN Bow Talk/Compounds