Fixed broadheads

Postby BlasterPits » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:04 am

What do yall shoot and why?
BlasterPits
Spike

Advertisement

Re: Fixed broadheads

Postby tnanh » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:41 pm

I have killed a lot of deer with the Bass Pro blackout 100 gr. With replaceable blades. They fly consistently close to field points and are inexpensive compared to others. I buy an extra set when on sale and practice with them when season gets close. Saying this the down side is blood trails are adequate but not great. I am still shooting them in my compound. I bought a crossbow this year also and bought some slick trick magnum 4 blades to try. They fly great out to 40 yards. I have not shot them beyond that. I also have not shot an animal with one so can not comment on quality of the blood trail.
tnanh
4 Point

Re: Fixed broadheads

Postby Harold Money jr » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:21 pm

I shoot 125gr magnus stingers and buzzcuts. The main reasons are they are very easy to tune and hit with my field points. I like That they penetrate very well and Leave good blood trails. I like the shorter blood trails as well due to the deer seemingly not knowing they are shot. I’ve had em go back to feeding and working a scrape before falling over. I like that I can resharpen very easily. Last but not least they have a lifetime warranty. No questions asked, just send back the broken, bent and bloody heads and they’ll send new ones for however many you send in.
Harold Money jr
4 Point

Return to TN Bow Talk/Compounds