• Advertisement

Ramcat

TN Bowhunter Talk

Ramcat

Postby bigrob » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:29 pm

Anyone on here shoot the ramcat broadheads? What do you think about them? Can you shoot them into target? Or do they make a practice head? Looking for a fixed blade head with a big cut.
bigrob
4 Point

Advertisement

Re: Ramcat

Postby DennyB » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:37 am

I used them when I bowhunted. Haven't bowhunted for a couple years. I hunted with a crossbow. I shot 5 or 6 deer with the Ramcats 100 gr. None of them ran very far. They left a big hole in and out. I really liked them. The thing about Ramcats is, they fly and have the same poi as your practice tips.
DennyB
Spike

Postby th88 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:43 am

I shot them last year for the first time. Flew like field points as far as I tested them (50 yards). Killed two deer with them, excellent results. They are HECK on my Block broadhead target though! The issue is those pivoting blades when you pull them out.
th88
Spike

Postby Andy S. » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:15 am

I assume you are talking about the Ramcat Hydroshock Pivoting broadhead. Never shot them, but read great things about them over the years. The penetration tests I remember seeing back in the day were impressive.

Since inception, they have added a few different models to their lineup.

https://ramcatbroadheads.com/broadheads
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.
Andy S.
16 Point

Postby redheadshooter » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:35 pm

I've been shooting them into my target. I just have to unscrew them after each shot. You can buy replacement blades. They're flying exactly like my field points.
redheadshooter
8 Point

Postby SKFOOTER » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:02 pm

I’ve been shooting the RamCat fixed blade 100 grain broadhead in my crossbow for several years now and like the other replies to this post mentioned they fly identical to 100 grain field points. Thus I only shoot the field points when I’m shooting at targets.
SKFOOTER
8 Point

Return to TN Bow Talk/Compounds