• Advertisement

Bowhunting over soybeans

TN Bowhunter Talk

Bowhunting over soybeans

Postby Bushape » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:55 pm

Expecting farmers to plant beans on our lease this year and I was wondering if I can expect beans in Sept. to still be drawing deer in? I know at a certain point they start turning bitter.
Bushape
Button

Advertisement

Re: Bowhunting over soybeans

Postby Mr.Bro » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:39 am

Usually stay in the beans until the corn is harvested or your neighbors start feeding them.
" Fight organized crime. Reelect no one!"
Mr.Bro
10 Point

Postby TNGunsmoke » Fri May 03, 2019 12:18 pm

When beans are planted on the property I hunt, the deer will wear it out until the leaves turn yellow. Then they pretty much leave it alone until the bean pods are dried and ready for harvest, or already harvested and they're picking up beans off the ground.
You can't fix stupid....
TNGunsmoke
10 Point

Postby Mike Belt » Sat May 04, 2019 8:25 am

Deer will hit the beans when they first sprout and through the growing cycle. After maturity a lot depends on other available food sources both agriculturally and natural. When they're feeding on them during early archery don't be surprised to see them standing there feeding and then just drop out of sight while bedding right there. Also once the beans have been picked (dependent on how late in the year) many will sprout laying on the ground and the deer will feed on them.
Mike Belt
Non-Typical

Postby VAarrowslinger » Mon May 20, 2019 5:52 am

Generally thru 1st of october they will hit beans pretty hard. When the bachelor groups split up is around the same time early been feeding slows
down

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
VAarrowslinger
Spike

Postby Bucks & Beards » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:28 pm

TNGunsmoke wrote:When beans are planted on the property I hunt, the deer will wear it out until the leaves turn yellow. Then they pretty much leave it alone until the bean pods are dried and ready for harvest, or already harvested and they're picking up beans off the ground.

This is my observation too in SW Tenn.
Bucks & Beards
6 Point

Return to TN Bow Talk/Compounds